Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Youth - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Youth > Topics

Subject: Gospel Hip Hop
Replies: 11 Views: 1189

j_brotha 24.02.08 - 11:17pm
Let's talk about Hip hop, but even more specific, gospel hip hop. Is there such a thing? I just wanted to put this out for a discussion...to interact and get different view points..does anyone believe hip hop is inherently (in itself) demonic, and thus cannot be redeemed for purposes of the Gospel and the Kingdom of God..? or can it be used for the Master's use? do u know any Gospel hip hop artists..? how do their songs represent Jesus? is it biblical? let's talk friend. i'll be waiting for your replies..... *

j_brotha 15.03.08 - 12:28am
well..even if you dont know any gospel hip hop artists..but the topic is appealing to you..pls feel free. i can start. has anybody ever heard of pastor Craig Lewis? if u have..what is your views and opinion on his claims..how do u think one (whether a christian hip hopper or just a christian) should respond to them? if u dont know who Craig Lewis is...i'll fill u in if u ask me to..that means you'll have to post a reply... grace and peace. *

gemynb 12.04.08 - 07:30am
hi,who is craig lewis? I knw a lot of gospel hip hop artists who preach th gospel of christ thru their music. *

j_brotha 20.04.08 - 06:09am
hi gemy it's great to see someone has replied..it really feels great..well let's get into it shall we. Craig Lewis is a pastor in the states who is running a campaign saying that hip hop is demonic and cannot be used by God...he has affected and disrupted quite a number of lives because of hip claims..people that related to hip hop best more than any other genre...and because they didn't know any better they fell for it..the truth is hip hop is NOT demonic. It is Only used by sinful man...as we all were before redemption. Now those that are redeemed use it to convey gospel of Jesus Christ. and God is doing wonders thru it. I myself am a gospel hip hop artist..in the hip hop culture...as the bible says we are in this world and not of it.. next time I'll post in the four (or five) elements of gospel hip hop. stay blessed. *

kellyb 16.05.08 - 08:41am
I think the whole Gospel Hip hop thing is just wrong ive heard some artist who sing the Gospel hip hop and i dont think you can call that passing the word to the world... *

mphande 1.09.08 - 01:35pm
Grace and peace b with u all,in Jesus' nem. Kelly, i say that there is such a thing as gospel holy hip hop.you know, the way people used to communicate in the old days is different from today's communication style.the word of God has got to be preached and taught to every one in ALMOST all the styles and ways possible. For me, hip hop has being one of the things that has helped me to get down to my knees, lift up my hands and close my eyes, just to meditate on the Lord most high. Try listening to Lacrea's tracks. . . . .praying for u. . . . .take me as i am. . . . . .just to mention a few. Be blessed *

moikingi 16.09.08 - 10:32am
Dont let anyone bring confusion 2 u.if u r in gospel hiphop 2 worship jesus where's the problem who said any special genre is the only one .no where in the bible either. *

moikingi 16.09.08 - 10:32am
Dont let anyone bring confusion 2 u.if u r in gospel hiphop 2 worship jesus where's the problem who said any special genre is the only one .no where in the bible either. *

afikile 28.10.08 - 05:11pm
hi there people. havent been on pro in a long time. interesting conversation. eyer heard of DA TRUTH and listened to his content *

a.k77 5.11.08 - 12:45am
Whats poppin yo? I'm feeling this man. True what u guys are saying.. But let me tell u one thing, dont judge a whole community of people, just because one messed up.. So is your problem that one guy who did not sound he was giving christ the glory, or is it the whole gospel hip hop thing that just blows u off kelly...? *

a.k77 5.11.08 - 12:47am
its great to know somebody knows these guys besides me up on this prodigit thing. U guys know the ambassador..he just released an alb*m called the chop chop.. He's on the same label with da truth.. *

a.k77 7.11.08 - 12:04pm
Craig lewis Is a pastor in the states, who believes hip hop is inherently evil.. He hates hip hop and he hates gospel hip hop just as much.. *

* Youth Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Youth

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits